A variety of hot tub chemicals perform different tasks to ensure
that a hot tub remains a hospitable environment. Some keep water
clean, clear or chemically balanced. Others work to keep the tub
itself clean and functioning properly. Spa owners need to become
familiar with many different chemicals, their purpose and how
to use them.
Requisite hot tub chemicals include:
• Sanitizers- Disinfect and purify spa water.
• Shock- Breaks down oils and organic matter
• Balancing Chemicals- Adjust and maintain pH and TA levels.
• Clarifiers- Achieve crystal clear spa water.
• Metal Reducers- Defend the hot tub from scale deposits
• Cleaners- Keep your tub, cover and filters looking and
working like new.
Dealing with so many different hot tub chemicals can be confusing.
An understanding of the chemicals should be achieved first. Then
a routine can be developed. If questions arise, consult product
labels for instructions and explanations.